After registering for an individual account you are ready to create a new earnest money request.
Click the plus sign in the top right corner of the screen.
- Use the form to enter the property address.
- Then click, "Select an Escrow Holder." Begin typing the name of your company. The business account you'll send funds to has already been created by your Earnnest account administrator. You will select the specific account in which the earnest payment should be deposited. If you do not see the account you want, please speak with your Earnnest account administrator so that they can register the new account with Earnnest.
Next, let us know if you have the mobile phone number and email address of the homebuyer.
- If you do have this information, then click "Yes" and we will ask you to enter their info in the next step.
- If you do not have the homebuyer's mobile phone number and email, then click "No". You will be asked to invite the buyer's real estate agent to complete the earnest money request.
- For this example, we'll show you how to proceed if you do know the buyer's mobile and email info. So, click "Yes" and then "Save Property."
Next, click the green text to "Add payer information"
- Use the form to add the payer's legal name, email address, and correct mobile phone number.
- Then click the "Add payer info" button.
The final step is to "Setup Payment" with the earnest request details
- Use the form to enter the request amount
- Review the list of who will receive notification via emailed receipt. If you wish to add anyone to this list, use the "Add additional recipients" field.
- Click "Save".
You will now have an opportunity to review the transaction you created. When everything looks good, click the "Request" button.
The Payer will receive a request via text message and email to complete their earnest money payment.
To view the process for homebuyers completing their payment, visit our FAQ page.