The video below gives a step-by-step overview of the payer experience within Earnnest.
The homebuyer will follow three basic steps:
- Confirm identity.
- The homebuyer will verify that all the information shown is correct, then click "this is correct."
- If there are any errors, the homebuyer will contact you so you can send a corrected request.
- The homebuyer will then click "Confirm identity."
- The homebuyer will then use the form to enter their information.
- Link bank account.
- The homebuyer will click the "Link checking account" button.
- The homebuyer will see the message: "Earnnest uses Plaid to verify and link your bank." The homebuyer will click "Continue."
- The homebuyer will select their bank or use the search bar to locate their bank.
- Next, the homebuyer will establish a secure, temporary connection to their bank by logging in with their banking credentials.
- For the final step in this stage, the homebuyer will select the account from which to pay their earnest money and click "Continue."
- Authorize the transfer.
- When the homebuyer is ready, click "Pay earnest money."
And that’s it! Congratulations are in order. Your homebuyer has paid your earnest money!